What is great in calling a spade a spade, say something metaphoric so that people rack their brains before they understand that you are talking about a spade.

On Valentine; For Valentine

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010


Three Cheers on this Valentine
Which cheer is for the day,
and which is for my girl.
Which cheer is for my girl,
and which is for the day.

Read on, you will know...

I saw a damsel with a radiant face,
and gazed at her if just in case.
She went ahead at a gentle pace
leaving in my heart an empty space.

The crescent moon hides away,
to see the beauty amidst the way.
The sun tries to bar the way ,
her brilliance clears it all away.

The moon over there craves for a glance at her.
The sun is here for a glimpse of her.
There they starve for her gracious presence
Here I am for the eternal essence.

Her lips resemble petals of rose
that shattered me from head to toes
Her un-knotted hair flows so wild,
just as petals in breeze so mild.

Her face is cheese and creamy white,
her smothered smile makes it a delight.
Her dreamy looks took me beguile
And lo! before I realize she is ahead a mile.

She made her presence felt,
so I searched for the place she dwelt.
Startled was I for what I smelt
for I whiffed the dreams that melt.

Oh! Rippled the dream,
Morning was the stone in this stream
Since, morning had been a ghastly nightmare.
and my life was a wait for the sweet nightly air.

I woke up from dream, every morning of the year,
in wake of loss, in shiver of pain and fear.
But the day I told you, I love you
this was no dream but very much real and very much you.

Now, I see you my valentine, every day, every night.
Now, I have you my valentine, every day, every night.
I adore you and this day Oh! Saint Valentine,
for, on this day I made this girl my life time valentine

4 comments:

Unknown February 21, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

very nice Poem Sree.... someone will be soo Happy reading this :))

Sree PJ February 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

She hasn't read it till now :(

Unknown May 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

She would have already listened it from you :)

Sree PJ May 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

unfortunately she does not read this blog that often. I doubt if she has seen beyond the second post of my blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP