What is great in calling a spade a spade, say something metaphoric so that people rack their brains before they understand that you are talking about a spade.

First drops of rain at SAG

>> Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bangalore welcomed with an evening drizzle, it is not about that. It isn't the literal rain. It is the nectar of satisfaction that you derive when you solve a problem, however small it might be. I got that today. All I managed to do was to write page numbers onto a PDF through Java. That was yesterday. Today I set the outer borders for the PDF table with the iText jar. It is an amazing feeling to work on long yearned thing. I was rearing to work on a Java IDE other than the developer IDE, I have been working on for the past couple of years now. An year and half back I did get a chance, but I dismissed with a condescending hand. Later I realised my folly in acting so, but hmm... opportunities pass by before you know it is an opportunity and you will be left in want of it. If I can draw a comparison it is like a shooting star, you never know when it comes and when it passes by. It is not just about Eclipse IDE it applies for everything in life. You should know what you want and what you might want to smell an opportunity.
Okay philosophy apart,I set up the external jars, set up a java project and ran it with ouput the day before- all on Eclipse - it is all so easy isn't it for core java developers out there?. But when I did this all by myself for the first time, it was as exciting and as gleeful as saying "amma","appa" of a language for the first time. Later followed studying the open source which was all the more fun and "O-O-P-S" is oops as the name itself suggests, and needless to say -"Mazaaa aa gaya" - ha ha. Apart from Java, Eclipse and external jars what is exciting today is I am going to Chennai tomorrow - HIP HIP HURRAY. I need not explain, if you are reading this it means you know the reason why I am ripping and hipping away to Chennai - Anbe En Anbe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP