What is great in calling a spade a spade, say something metaphoric so that people rack their brains before they understand that you are talking about a spade.

"Kites" - a disaster

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010

In the interval I felt sleepy and at the end of the movie I was cursing myself why did I come to watch this movie without heeding to the reviews which forbade watching the movie.
This is the first time I am watching a movie within the first week of its release and perhaps I have to let it be the only time. "Appalling" is the word that would aptly describe my experience at the theatre; "disgusting" is the right word for the plot; "out of place" is the word for background score and debacle would sum it all up for the movie. What took me in to watching this movie was the fact that Hrithik Roshan spent three long years for this script and Barbara Mori was roped in to play the lead actress in the movie, unlike the previous times when all that a foreign actress got was an item number. I believed, before watching the movie, that there must be a sound reason or two, why a foreign actress is chosen for the role. But as it turned out there was none.
Okay, I know I have to give you my reasons to show that it was an absolute no-ball and a wavered of movie. I will elaborate the elements of this so called Romantic-action-thriller.

Action - There is none at all, except for a few rounds of bullets flying here and there towards the climax, and a couple of cars crashing and burning - very typical of an Indian movie, isn't it?

Romance - If you want to watch this movie for this reason, the movie would fail you miserably. You get nothing out of it.

Songs - You will not know when they come by because you will be sticking out of seats and counting seconds to run away home. At least I did that because movie was expensive. 180 Rs is too much for a movie ticket and I am not a kind of man who runs away from enemy because he is a daunting giant. I sat in the movie theatre, undaunted for all the two and half hours and watched every bit of it. That is brave me for you. And to add I did not leave my seat in the interval fearing dissipation of the gathered courage.

Plot - Plot is lost with in the first 30 minutes of the movie and I did not know how the director managed convince the producer to sponsor for such crap. And,I wonder how in the world, Hrithik who is choosy with the scripts boarded this rattling train heading only one way.

Technical values - Pointless. Forget it. Why talk of values when movie fails to deliver what it is supposed.

COST OF THE MOVIE
The movie costed me, 3 hours of time ( half an hour for buying the tickets )+ 180 Rs (ticket fare) + 20 Rs( Zandu balm - I swear I bought a new one, it was long due and the movie precipitated the need for it) + 4 Rs ( 2 crocin tablets for headache - if one does not work tonight another for tomorrow morning).

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP